Board Agenda Items
Please note that all agenda items are DRAFT until the Board acts on them. Please be aware that items are numbered below in accordance with the published agenda. To view actions taken by the Board, please see Board Actions after the meeting has taken place.
Unless otherwise noted, the files below are available in PDF.
Note: the links within the PDFs may not work. Please use the links on this page to access the attachments and support materials.
Meeting Agenda: In Word | In PDF
Special Meeting, February 28, 2017
Call Meeting to Order
- Removal of External Legal Counsel for Matters Related to the Superintendent’s Contract and Employment – Requested by Board Members Adelita S. Grijalva and Kristel Ann Foster
- Schedule an Executive Meeting
MOTION AND VOTE TO RECESS SPECIAL MEETING TO EXECUTIVE SESSION
Recess Special Meeting to Executive Session
MOTION AND VOTE TO RECESS EXECUTIVE MEETING AND RECONVENE MEETING – appx 5:30 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance
Call to the Audience
- Official Statement by the Tucson Unified School District regarding Anti-discrimination Protection for Transgender Students – requested by Board Member Kristel Ann Foster
- Presentation on Average Daily Membership (40th and 100th Day) – Requested by Board Member Rachael Sedgwick
- Update on Family Life Curriculum
- Report on Refugee and Immigrant Student Services – requested by Board Member Kristel Ann Foster
- Tucson Unified School District Magnet Transition Plan Overview Spring 2016
- Potential November 2017 Bond Election
- FY 2016-2017 Budget Update
- TUSD AzMerit – Spring 2016
- Discussion/Consideration/action re Employment, Assignment, Appointment, Promotion, Demotion, Dismissal, Salaries, Disciplining or Resignation of a Public Officer – Requested by Board Member Rachael Sedgwick and Board Clerk Mark Stegeman
- Schedule Future Board Meetings
MOTION AND VOTE TO EXTEND OR ADJOURN SPECIAL MEETING - 10:00 P.M.