Governing Board - Audit Committee
Applicants sought to fill vacancies on the Governing Board Audit Committee
TUSD seeks applicants to fill two vacancies on the Governing Board Audit Committee. Committee members assist in assuring that the TUSD Governing Board adequately complies with its fiduciary oversight obligations, help strengthen TUSD's internal financial controls, and help provide greater transparency of the District's stewardship of tax dollars. These are non-paid volunteer positions.
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. See the Audit Committee Application page to apply.
If you have a complaint about misappropriation of TUSD finances, please complete the online form below. Online complaints are sent to members of the audit committee and TUSD's legal counsel. See Policy BDFB - Audit Committee Complaint Procedures for more information about filing complaints.
Example of accounting matters complaints include:
- theft of district assets
- improper TUSD district expenditures
- violation of applicable procurement codes
- fraud or deliberate error in any TUSD financial records
- substantial misstatement in the classification of TUSD income or expenses
Audit Committee Members
The Governing Board has named these members to the District
- Ricky Hernandez, Committee Chair - Deputy Superintendent and Chief Financial Officer, Office of the Pima County Superintendent of Schools
- Lori K. M. Cox, C0-Chair - CIA
- Charles Andrade, - Chief Financial Officer, Community Partners, Inc.
- Adelita S. Grijalva, Governing Board President, Tucson Unified School District
- Karla Soto, Chief Financial Officer, Tucson Unified School District
- Victoria Soto, Senior Business Analyst
- Rachel Wall, CPA