Parent-Teacher Conferences, Feb. 7 and 8
Elementary, K-8 and Middle School Conference Dates: Feb. 7 and 8, 2013
High School Conferences: Feb. 7, 2013
TUSD elementary, K-8 and middle schools will hold conferences on February 7 and 8, 2013. High schools will hold conferences on February 7. We look forward to meeting with you to discuss how we can work together as a team to promote your child's success.
Preparing for the Parent-Teacher Conference
- Find out how your child feels about school (ask what he or she likes
best or least and why).
- Come prepared with specific questions for your teacher about your
- How well is my child progressing?
- What are my child's strengths and weaknesses?
- What book (or books) is my child using?
- How often will my child have homework, and what kind of homework
will he or she have? How can I help?
- How does my child get along with classmates?
- Does my child take part in class discussion and activities?
- When are regularly scheduled classroom tests? How can
I help my child prepare for them?
- Bring observations from home about your child's strengths and
- Bring relevant medical information concerning your child's general
health, allergies, vision problems, etc.
How to Have an Effective Parent-Teacher Conference
- Focus on your child's academic progress and
your child's strengths.
- Share your concerns, opinions, and ideas openly
and honestly, with mutual respect for the important educational
role both you and your child's teacher play.
- Ask the teacher to explain terms or concepts you don't
- Agree on steps that you can take to
reinforce your child's academic skills at home.
Thank you for your role in supporting your child's education!
Subscribe to our newsfeed!