2025 E. Winsett
Tucson, AZ, 85719
Safety Tips for Students
- Know the route to and from the bus stop
- Know the safety precautions and common courtesies to be maintained en route and at the bus stop
- Know the correct bus route number
- Discuss what to do if the bus is late in the morning or no one is home in the afternoon
- ALWAYS board and depart the bus at the correct stop as known and approved by the parent
Boarding the Bus
- Let the bus come to a complete stop before boarding.
- Enter the bus one person at a time.
- Board quickly without crowding or pushing.
- Use the handrail, and do not run on the steps.
- Go directly to a seat.
- Sit upright, facing the front.
On the Bus
- Be courteous.
- Obey the driver's instructions.
- Keep the aisles clear.
- Remain seated until your stop.
- If seats are assigned, sit in your assigned seat.
- Keep your hands, arms, feet, legs and head away from others and inside the bus.
- Talk quietly. Do not yell, use vulgar or abusive language.
- Do not throw anything inside the bus or from the bus.
- Eating is not permitted on the bus. Do not drink on the bus unless the bus driver allows you to do so.
- Do not play or use electronic devices without a headset.
- Keep unauthorized materials and substances off the bus (animals, glass objects, weapons, illegal substances, or large objects that occupy a seat space)
- All cell phones must be off and placed in your backpack or purse.
- Do not abuse or deface the bus or bus equipment.
- Keep cases, band instruments, and other belongings under control at all times.
Getting off the Bus
- Wait for the bus to stop completely before getting up from your seat, then walk to the front door and exit, using the handrail.
- If you have to cross the street in front of the bus, walk at least ten feet ahead of the bus along the side of the road until you can turn around and see the driver.
- Make sure that the driver can see you.
- Wait for a signal from the driver before beginning to cross.
- When the driver signals, walk across the road keeping an eye out for sudden traffic changes.
- Do not cross the center line of the road until the driver has signaled that it is safe for you to begin walking.
- Stay away from the bus's rear wheels at all times.
Crossing the Street
- Stop at the curb or the edge of the road and look left, then right, and then left again before crossing.
- Continue look both ways until you are safely across the street.
- If your vision is blocked by a parked car or other obstacle, carefully move out to where drivers can see you and you can see other vehicles, then stop, and look left-right-and left again.