School Health Services
102 N Plumer
Tucson, AZ 85719
Fax: (520) 225-3201
Dental Health Link for Kids:
American Dental Association
The following dental health programs and services are available to TUSD students.
- Free annual or per request visual dental screenings
- Classroom dental education
- Grayline coordination
Provided by: TUSD Dental Hygienist, Shawn Everingham, RDH, BS.
Eligibility: TUSD K-5 students. Presentations available to students in grades 6-12 upon request.
Services: Free care for urgent dental needs, including severe tooth pain and infection.
Provided by: Community volunteer dentists and dental hygienists.
Eligibility: Students K-12 that are not eligible for other programs and have urgent dental needs and meet income requirements.
Services: Comprehensive dental services provided at school include
- dental education
- teeth cleaning
- other procedures
No cost to students with AHCCCS or KidsCare insurance. Third-party services will be charged to students' dental plan. 50% discount on services provided to uninsured students.
Provided by: ReachOut Healthcare America Dental Team
Eligibility: Children 3-20
Funded by: Arizona Department of Health Services, Office of Oral Health Services:
- Children with parental consent obtain a dental screening by a licensed dentist.
- Parents receive notification of their child’s need for sealants and general oral health status.
- Children who are enrolled in AHCCCS are eligible as well as children who have no dental insurance.
- Sealants are then provided by a dental hygienist and dental assistant team.
Provided by: Pima County Health Department’s Oral Health Program
Eligibility: TUSD Schools with 50% or higher participation in the National School Lunch Program may apply. 2nd and 6th grade children who are uninsured or with public dental insurance (AHCCCS or KidsCare) and have decayed permanent molar teeth without cavities or fillings.